Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Scheme and The Dream

Ok so I have been toying with this idea for a while now and finally I just have to do it. I want to create a website for the Coastie Wives!! Ok gotta give a little background....

One thing that Mike told me over and over agin at our first unit together was "It's all what you make of it." He was of course referring to my constant fear of being transferred ANYWHERE other than near family. I must admit I brushed these words off quite a bit until we received orders to MIAMI, FL!!! In my world, that is the end of the earth!! Not really but I haven't traveled much at all. We found a house, moved in and just had to put all of our trust in God that everything would work out alright as this was to be our first boat station as a family. Obviously we are doing great as we have made some wonderful friends. Unfortunately the same is not to be said of the rest of our unit.

Mike comes home almost every rotation telling me how so in so's wife hates it here. There's nothing here, it's too hot blah blah blah. We are all spread out over the area so it's not really feasable for us to mingle on a regular basis like back in NC (I miss you girls!!!). Basically from what I can see these women/families/men have not been put in touch with anything in the area that interests them and they feel alone and miserable. So much that one family is completely leaving the Coast Guard!!!

As there was no welcoming wagon for me either I can completely understand how daunting moving to a new area can be, which is why I want to start a website for all us Coasties to come together and leave positive info from different stations and mingle with others so that we all feel more comfortable when moving to a new area. This is what I want, but I am stumped on how to accomplish it. My ideas and wants WAY surpass my computer abilities so I am having to take it slow and figure it out. Any help would be appreciated!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like I said...the more and more I think about it, the more I love it!!! One of the main reasons that Bob hopped out was because I hated it here in NC...I had a rough first year here and was super homesick and just wanted to go back home...so I definately know how that one family down there feels!!! I will be willing to help in any, way, shape or form :D and I know I can recruit help from my Coastie wives I met back in DC who are now in other areas too for info on their new stations :)