Saturday, May 23, 2009

My kids are so great!!

Yeah so the more I am at home with my kids the more I love them!! We are really starting to embrace the "the world is your instructor" attitude and it seems to work well for Jakob. Hazel just does what everyone around her does, and things seem to come to her easy. Jakbo suprised me though this afternoon as we snuck out for some Little Ceasar's Pizza (it's a $5 dinner!!), we commented on how he wished we could get the square pizza that they have advertised there. I told him that that kind of pizza was more expensive and cost more money so we weren't going to get it. He then asked me why things that are really good cost more money than just the good stuff.

I hesitated because I wanted to completely dive right into supply and demand but was worried that it would fly right over his head. We have been having some issues with Math this week, so I didn't want to frustrate him. I tried to simplify things as much as possible but in the end went back and explained the idea of supply and demand. When I stopped trying to make it simple enough for him he really understood what I was saying! After that he was done and went back to listening to the radio.

And speaking of radio, I must say I am totally impressed with Jakob and Hazel's taste in music. Jakob is a total top 40 fan, but loves to let me have "my turn" with the radio and jam to Queen, Eagles, and Pink Floyd! I know my mom would be proud, me I am just amused at how versatile he is.

No comments: