Monday, March 16, 2009

Life in the fast lane...Seriously!!

I sign off of my computer everynight thinking, "Man I really need to update my blog!!" And of course I never do! So I am going do yeat another catchup and then post some pics.

Mike- Has been medically approved to have eye surgery to correct his vision. It's not Lasix (sp) but where they implant a permanent contact in his eye. I am not 100% thrilled but then again I can see when I wake up in the mornings. So we have no clue right now as to when he will actually have the surgery, but sometime this year for sure. He just spent a week in VA at a school, 10 hours in an airport trying to get home, one day packing for the boat, and will spend the next FOUR WEEKS at sea!! Poor guy he was so exhausted trying to fit family, work, and sleep in. But we are officially counting down to when we see daddy again!!!

Jakob- Oh that boy amazes me. The things that he is interested in, remembering, and the food that he is experimenting is awesome!! He is reading so well and starting to enjoy reading the signs as we go out in public again!! He was awarded the McKay Scholarship which will cover his tuition at a private Christian School and he seems REALLY excited about going there. Fingers crossed! Therapies and stuff are still in limbo with insurance and well beaurocratic crap! But whatever he will get what he needs. He is so funny because he has discovered music and music videos and sings them all the time. Amazing thing is that he is really starting to pick up the words where as before he would just mumble out the tune.

Hazel- Ah this child... Potty training seems to be going well. Of course we have good days, bad days, great days and HORRIBLE days but it's all gonna happen in due time. She has discovered her boobs and likes to walk around and point them out to you and show you where yours are like she is the first to discover them. She is talking up a storm and has to do everything Jakob does. I don't know what we are going to do when he goes to school or when he goes to NC for a few weeks. That is going to be one sad little girl. She is trying to give up naps which terrifies me, but we are working around it. I just have to cook dinner a LOT earlier than before.

Me- Well the past few weeks have seen some drastic changes. I hope they are all for the better, and I hope they stick around for a while. I have fully embraced the blessing of homeschooling and am reluctantly sending my son back to school next year for one more shot. Contradictions I know but he said he liked this school so we are going with it. I have discovered the "Going Green" movement and am pretty excited about what I have turned up. We are planting our own garden and trying to live as conservatively and healthy as we possibly can. I have even started to buy produce from an organic co op. Mainly I have happened upon some pretty awesome ladies that I feel I really can connect with and have fun with while we are all so different. It all reminds me of being in the mountains in school, and in Lenoir with all my B.C Friends (b4 children). Now I have the best of both worlds, comfy friends WITH kids!! Classes started for me last week and I seem to be ok so far. I still have a LONG way to go b4 the end so PRAY HARD!!

I think thats mostly what's been happening for the past couple of weeks. I am exhausted so I will post more tomorrow I hope! NIGHT!!

No comments: