Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School


Today Jakob FINALLY got to start school. I say finally because they were suppose to start on Monday, but with the weather they were afraid to risk it. So we got the go ahead to start today. He looks so handsome in his uniform! He was really excited to have "special clothes" just for school. Now lets pray that he doesn't tear them apart too quickly. Once we got there he got a little upset at me because, "Mommy I KNOW where my class is, you don't have to walk with me!" Needless to say I had to take a deep breath and hold back a tear at how grown up my little man is. But I still walked him in anyways, I mean come on, I HAD to help him carry his school supplies in to his teacher!

Hazel and I had a pretty ok day without brother, thankfully his school day is not as long as it use to be so I am able to pick him up a full hour and a half earlier than last year! WaaaHoooo! He seems to like his teacher and has let anyone know who's called that he will make sure that his monkey on the behavior tree will always play in the green leaves and not on the trunk so that he can get a prize from the treasure chest! Don't know how a treasure chest fits in with a Jungle theme but hey, anything to ge the kids to stay on target right?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: